Monday, 7 November 2011

Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind - 12" Video Mix



This video mix by DJ Talivan used the original 1980's 12 inch version of the hit song by Pet Shop Boys, which was originally a #1 hit in several countries during 1987. The first version of Always On My Mind was actually recorded by Brenda Lee in 1972, although Elvis Presley's version is more well-known due to its much higher chart position in the same year.

The Daily Telegraph once placed this track at #2 in a list of the "50 Greatest Cover Versions of All Time". The song was Pet Shop Boys' eighth hit single of the eighties and featured on the duo's third studio album Introspective. The album version blends into another acid house track entitled In My House. The album also features the hit singles Left To My Own Devices, Domino Dancing, I'm Not Scared (actually a hit for Patsy Kensit's band Eighth Wonder but written by Tennant and Lowe) and It's Alright.

Check out the original video of Always On My Mind on the Pet Shop Boys page at simplyeighties.com

No comments:

Post a Comment